Sunday, March 4, 2018

Arabic Music on the Hill

Ramzi Aburedwan and his Dal'Ouna Ensemble
 
Ramzi's music was amazing in my own personal opinion, it was different, but very enjoyable. I loved the mixture of instrumental and vocal music they had. The guest singer Lina Sleibi had an absolutely gorgeous voice. Granted I could only understand a few words here and there, but that does not mean I was withheld the opportunity to enjoy the amazing melodies and the emotions within her voice.

 

The concert did highlight some of the major differences in a lot of the popular music of the west, interestingly I found a lot of similarities to local music from the area in Germany in which I was born. One thing often not done in Western music is the inclusion of the audience, but in more traditional music like this both clapping and singing along is highly encouraged!

Here is a video of the group. This was posted and recorder by Dr. Mohamed Esa of McDaniel College. I don't think he will mind me using it since he will be reading this blog anyway! 

Below is another example of the vocalist, Lina Sleibi, whose amazing voice brought the concert to life for many people!



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment